The Sterling Farms Men’s Club has fostered a history of keen and fair competition on one of the finest public courses in the country – Sterling Farms Golf Course.
In the spirit of fellowship, the Men’s Club has maintained and developed local rules of play which make competition at Sterling Farms Golf Course as fair as possible. Our tournaments have been congenial and competitive, and a common love of the game has created many friendships that have lasted for decades.
A tradition of good golf, played by men who have excellent skills and golf sense, has made the Sterling Farms Men’s Club players competitive at home and in various tournaments throughout the region. While winning has always been important to the Men’s Club, fellowship and enjoyment of the game has been our goal, and the fine conditions at Sterling Farms Golf Course have aided us in the endeavor.
The Men’s Club’s success has not gone unnoticed. The membership has grown to close to 400 members, making it one of the largest public men’s clubs in New England.
The Sterling Farms Men’s Club encourages regular weekly play, as well as participation in our many major events. We provide constant action and competition from April through October. From our regular weekly events to our special tournaments, the Men’s Club helps build camaraderie and new friendships throughout the year.
We welcome golfers of all ability levels. Whether you are a high handicapper or a scratch golfer, our events are structured to provide fair competition and the ability for any member to win. We provide multiple payouts on both a Gross and Net basis for each of our weekly events and special tournaments. While all of our major tournaments are played from the blue tees, we allow play from the white tees during weekly competition for members who are more comfortable playing it forward.
If you would like more information about the club, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Establish a USGA Handicap
• Participate in the Sentinel Maintenance Player of the Year competition
• Compete for over $15,000 in total club prizes
• Free weekly events – pro shop credit awarded to players of all abilities for Gross & Net scores
• Participate in over 30 events throughout the golf season
• Metropolitan Golf Association Membership – Eligible to play in MGA tournaments and ‘Play Days’
• Eligible to participate in Connecticut State Golf Association events
• Receive Met Golfer Magazine – 1 year; 6 issues
Eligible to enter special tournaments including:
• Opening Scramble
• Governor’s Cup (two-man match play)
• Club Championship (Championship, A, B, C & Sr Flights)
• President’s & Vice President’s Cup
• Interclub Tournament (vs Hubbard Heights)
• Shoreline Tournament (vs other Fairfield County courses)
• Closing Event